Text Size
A A A
Items in your shopping cart (0 items)
Will Medicare and my insurance company pay for 100% of my Hoveround power chair?
2 out of 3 found this helpful
The cost of your power chair may vary based on your insurance coverage. However, 9 out of 10 customers received their Hoveround for little or no cost.1 If you meet the criteria, Medicare will pay 80% of the cost of your Hoveround and if you have met your deductibles, your supplemental insurance may cover the remaining 20% of the cost.

Please note that as of January 2011, the Medicare benefit has changed to a 13-month rental, with ownership transferred to the beneficiary once payment has been paid in full through Medicare and any beneficiary co-pays or deductibles.

1 Insurance coverage depends on medical necessity which is determined by your insurer. A valid doctor's prescription is required.

Was this helpful? Yes (2) No (0)
Category: General

Related Questions

  1. Why do I have to see a doctor for Medicare to cover my power wheelchair?
  2. Who initiates the necessary Medicare or insurance paperwork?
  3. What is Competitive Bidding and how does that affect my Medicare power chair coverage?
  4. How Do I know if I qualify for Medicare Coverage for a power wheelchair?