Helpful Mobility Resources for Physicians
At Hoveround, we have the highest ethical and moral standards. We pride ourselves on following all local, state and federal guidelines with respect to power mobility. Below you will find some of the important links to sites we review frequently to keep us appraised on governmental affairs.
Medicare Related Resources
DMEMACS: Durable Medical Equipment Medicare Administrative Contractor
The list below outlines the contractors working with Medicare on Durable Medical Equipment claims.
- Noridian Healthcare Solutions: Jurisdiction A DME MAC
- National Government Services: Jurisdiction B DME MAC
- CGS Administrators: Jurisdiction C DME MAC
- Nordian Healthcare Solutions: Jurisdiction D DME MAC
Fall Injuries Report
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention state that one out of every three adults over the age of 65 fall each year. Hoveround has continued concern regarding senior fall-related injuries. Below you will find several fall-related Web site links to studies and information produced by government and private agencies with the latest information on fall-related injuries.
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC):
- Statement by David W. Fleming, M.D., Acting Director, CDC, June 11, 2002:
- Falls Among Older Americans: CDC Prevention Efforts
National Center for Injury Prevention and Control (NCIPC):
- A Toolkit to Prevent Senior Falls:
- Falls and Hip Fractures Among Older Adults
- The Cost of Fall Injuries Among Older Adults
National Council on Aging (NCOA):
United States Department of Health & Human Services (HHS): Bone Health and Osteoporosis:
Department of Health & Human Services
- Risk For Fractures From Osteoporosis
- Power Mobility Saves Medicare Money, Dec 12, 2005 (Newswire)