Power Chair or Scooter? Which is Right for Me?
Finding the right mobility solution online is difficult. Here's what you need to know before you start.
Mobility scooter or power wheelchair? Although they're sometimes used interchangeably, Hoveround offers both mobility scooters and power chairs. So which is best for you? In general, if you need help to walk and maneuver at home or other interior spaces on a regular basis, a power chair is the best choice. If you are comfortable walking short distances but tire easily or have difficulty with longer distances outside the home, and intend to use the device only in those circumstances, a mobility scooter may be your best choice.
Hoveround's MPV5 power chair features a unique Round for a Reason® design, enabling easy navigation around tight corners and through narrow spaces without damaging walls or furniture. One of the most maneuverable and comfortable power chairs available today, the MPV5 will get you where you want to go in style. The MPV5 power chair can safely function indoors as well as outdoors, offering power chair users greater flexibility to maintain their freedom and independence. See our complete line of power chairs here.
Power Wheelchair Features
- For indoor or outdoor use
- Flip-up footplate, round frame and compact design for easy maneuverability
- Adjustable armrests for maximum comfort and support
- Custom inner-spring seat provides all-day comfort
- Lightweight, portable charger for recharging your MPV5 batteries anywhere
- 300-pound weightcapacity to fully support most body frames
- 12 mile battery range for hours of extended use¹
- 4 mph maximum speed for transportation that's quicker than walking
- 22.7-inch turning radius
- 24-inch overall width for seamlessly moving through narrow spaces
¹Speed and range depend on rider's weight, the terrain and the grade.
The XLS-HD 4 wheel mobility scooter comes with standard features designed to ensure an excellent riding experience. These include a wraparound tiller, improved LED battery gauge and a bright angle-adjustable LED headlight. This Buzzaround heavy duty travel scooter is also longer, which provides more foot room, and for a scooter, it offers a great turning radius. The XLS-HD also disassembles with 4 easy steps, which makes transporting it from one location to another a breeze! See our complete line of mobility scooters here.
Mobility Scooter Features
- Primarily for outdoor use
- Convenient, compact design for easy assembly and disassembly
- Countoured stadium seat
- Throttle and adjustable tiller
- Easy to remove batteries can be upgraded
- Attached basket for transporting items while on-the-go
- Solid, non-marking, flat-free tires
- Anti-tip wheels for greater safety
- Comfort spring suspensiion
- Headlight for enhanced safety
Interested in a Scooter?
It has become difficult to obtain a scooter through insurance. If you would like insurance to cover your mobility device, we strongly suggest choosing a power chair. There are many reasons why we believe it's a better choice regardless.
If you would like to purchase a scooter using your credit card, please make your selection online. If you are interested in our financing options please give us a call at 800-308-5002.
Interested in a Power Chair?
Power Chairs can be covered by insurance if one is medically necessary as determined by your insurer and prescribed by your doctor. Please call us at 800-542-7236 or fill out this form and one of our Mobility Specialists will contact you.
If you prefer to purchase a power chair using your credit card, please make your selection online. If you are interested in our financing options please give us a call at 800-308-5002.
Continue to Lead a Fullfilling, Independent Lifestyle!
Keep up with family and friends, while maintaining a healthy and active lifestyle, with one of our mobility scooters or power chairs.