Our Covid-19 Response
Hoveround Precautions to Protect Clients & Employees Against Corona Virus
Hoveround, as a healthcare provider, is considered an essential business with essential personnel, and exempted from all state and federal “shutdowns.” As a result, we have a special responsibility to maintain our work schedule, as best as possible, in order to take care of our clients during the Coronavirus pandemic.
Hoveround uses universal healthcare precautions, such as hand washing and the use of personal protective equipment (PPE) as recommended by the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) to reduce the risk of transmission of the virus to each other and our clients.
Currently, many customers have a heightened sense of awareness and concern about the transmission of the coronavirus to them from anyone who comes into their home. To help give peace of mind, please review the list of precautionary measures that we use to help protect you and your families for any delivery or service performed in your home.
are being taken to
protect clients and
- All employees must wash their hands, or use hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available, before and after each client visit.
- We have implemented a new touchless acknowledgement on delivery documentation by using a photograph in place of signatures.
- We clean and disinfect any tool used at a client’s home after each client visit.
- We bag and segregate dirty equipment in our vans, keeping dirty equipment away from clean equipment.
- Our service vans are cleaned and disinfected daily.
- Our ramps used to transport equipment are cleaned and disinfected after each client visit.
- We segregate clean and dirty equipment in our warehouses.
- Whenever possible, we practice social distancing and maintain 6 feet between our employee and our customer.
- Any employee who is sick or has come into contact with someone who has the coronavirus must stay home.
What options are
clients if they are
into their home?
For Service Repair Orders:
- We can ship parts directly to your home for self-installment.
- Our Mobility Specialists can complete service/repair outside of your home if you are able to take your power wheelchair to an entrance.
For Delivery of Equipment:
- Our Mobility Specialists can wear personal protective equipment such as a mask and gloves during the delivery.