Innovation & Quality
We manufacture and partner with only the best
in customer care to serve our client’s mobility needs.
Accessories That Make Life Easier
Power Wheelchair Vehicle Lift
Our one-finger, single-switch vehicle lift makes transporting your Power Chair simple. Installs within minutes at home. Weatherized for every season with an anti-corrosive seal. Optional swing away arm available.
Wheelchair Threshold Ramp
Great for indoor or outdoor use, whether you need a boost over pesky curbs or help with that single step into your home. Offered in multiple dimensions, rubber threshold ramp assembly does not require any tools or hardware. Simply line up the pieces and fit into place with a weight capacity of 850 lbs.
Indoor/Outdoor Stair Lifts
Safely access more of the home again with a curved or straight stairlift. We also provide heavy-duty & outdoor models. All lifts are designed for optimal comfort, convenience, safety, and aesthetics. Stairlifts come standard with safety features & remote controls, and even run during power outages.
for Customer Service
We extend beyond patient evaluation & delivery
of our products - we are there for our customers
if they require service, repair, or equipment
replacement. We are there for our customers
if their medical conditions change and they need
enhanced adaptive seating and positioning systems.
This notice describes the ways in which we may use and disclose medical information about you. This notice also describes your rights and certain obligations we have regarding the use and disclosure of medical information.
Our Legal Requirements
We are required by law to:
- Make sure that medical information that identifies you is kept private;
- Give you this notice of our legal duties and privacy practices with respect to medical information about you;
- Follow the terms of the notice that currently are in effect;
- Change the notice only in accordance with federal rules;
- Provide our internal complaint process for privacy issues to you;
- Provide notification to you following a breach of your unsecured medical information;
- Obtain your authorization for any uses and disclosures of your medical information for marketing purposes; and
- Obtain your authorization for any uses and disclosures of your medical information not described in this notice.
Who Will Follow Our Privacy Practices
This notice describes Hoveround Corporation’s (Hoveround’s) practices and that of:
- All Hoveround employees, staff and other Hoveround personnel.
- All sites and locations follow the terms of this notice. In addition, these sites and locations may share medical information with each other for treatment, payment or health care operations purposes described in this notice.
Our Pledge Regarding Your Medical Information
We understand that medical information about you and your health is personal. We are committed to protecting medical information about you. We create a record of the services and equipment that we provide to you. We need this record to provide you with quality equipment and services and to comply with certain legal requirements. This notice applies to all of the records of your equipment and services we generate. Your personal doctor and other entities providing products or services to you may have different policies or notices regarding their use and disclosure of your medical information.
Your Rights Regarding Medical Information About You
You have the following rights regarding medical information we maintain about you:
Right to Inspect and Copy.
You have the right to inspect and copy medical information about you. Usually, this includes medical and billing records. If the medical information about you is maintained electronically, you have the right to inspect and copy such information in electronic form, in the format you request, if such information is readily producible in such form and format.
To inspect and copy medical information about you, you must submit your request in writing to Hoveround’s Compliance and PrivacyOfficer. If you request a copy of the information, we may charge a fee for the costs of copying, mailing, or other supplies associated with your request. We may deny your request to inspect and copy in certain very limited circumstances. If you are denied access to medical information, you may request that the denial be reviewed. Another licensed health care professional chosen by us will review your request and the denial. The person conducting the review will not be the person who denied your request. We will comply with the outcome of the review.
Right to Amend.
If you feel that medical information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may ask us to amend the information. You have the right to request an amendment for as long as the information is kept by or for us.
To request an amendment, your request must be made in writing and submitted to Hoveround’s Compliance and Privacy Officer. Inaddition, you must provide a reason that supports your request. We may deny your request for an amendment if it is not in writing or does not include a reason to support the request. In addition, we may deny your request if you ask us to amend information that:
- Was not created by us, unless the person or entity that created the information is no longer available to make the amendment;
- Is not part of the medical information kept by or for us;
- Is not part of the information which you would be permitted to inspect and copy; or
- Is accurate and complete.
Right to an Accounting of Disclosures.
You have the right to request an “accounting of disclosures.” This accounting is a list of the disclosures we made of medical information about you, except disclosures made for treatment, payment, and Hoveround’s health care operations.
To request this list or accounting of disclosures, you must submit your request in writing to Hoveround’s Compliance and PrivacyOfficer. Your request must state a time period, which may not be longer than six years and may not include dates before April 14, 2003. Your request should indicate in what form you want the list (for example, on paper, electronically). The first list you request within a 12-month period will be free. For additional lists, we may charge you for the costs of providing the list. We will notify you of the cost involved and you may choose to withdraw or modify your request at that time before any costs are incurred.
Right to Request Restrictions.
You have the right to request a restriction or limitation on the medical information we use or disclose about you for treatment, payment, or health care operations. You also have the right to request a limit on the medical information we disclose about you to someone who is involved in your care or the payment for your care, like a family member or friend. We are not required to agree to your request. However, we must agree to your request to restrict disclosure of your medical information to a health plan if the disclosure is for the purpose of carrying out payment or health care operations and is not otherwise required by law, and the applicable medical information pertains solely to a health care item or service for which you, or any person other than the health plan on your behalf, has paid us in full. If we do agree, we will comply with your request unless the information is needed to provide you emergency treatment.
To request restrictions, you must make your request in writing to Hoveround’s Compliance and Privacy Officer. In your request, you must tell us (1) what information you want to limit; (2) whether you want to limit our use, disclosure or both; and (3) to whom you want the limits to apply, for example, disclosures to your spouse.
Right to Request Confidential Communications.
You have the right to request that we communicate with you about medical matters in a certain way or at a certain location. For example, you can ask that we only contact you at work or by mail.
To request confidential communications, you must make your request in writing to Hoveround’s Compliance and Privacy Officer. Wewill not ask you the reason for your request. We will accommodate all reasonable requests. Your request must specify how or where you wish to be contacted.
Right to a Paper Copy of This Notice.
You have the right to a paper copy of this notice. You may ask us to give you a copy of this notice at any time. Even if you have agreed to receive this notice electronically, you are still entitled to a paper copy of this notice. You may obtain a copy of this notice by clicking here.
To obtain a paper copy of this notice, contact:
Compliance and Privacy Officer Hoveround Corporation 2151 Whitfield Industrial Way Sarasota, Florida 34243 (941) 739-6200 ext.# 2052
How We May Use and Disclose Medical Information About You
The following categories describe different ways that we are permitted to use and disclose medical information as a health care provider, although some of these categories may not apply to our business and we may not actually use or disclose your medical information for such purposes. For each category of uses or disclosures, we will explain what we mean and try to give some examples. Not every use or disclosure in a category will be listed. However, all of the ways we are permitted or required to use and disclose information will fall within one of the categories.
We may use medical information about you to provide you with medical treatment, products, or services. We may disclose medical information about you to Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapist, Physical Therapist, or any other health care professional who are involved in your care. We also may disclose medical information about you to people who may be involved in your medical care after you have received our products and services, such as family members, clergy or others we use to provide services that are part of your care.
We may use and disclose medical information about you so that the treatment and services we provide you may be billed to and payment may be collected from you, an insurance company, or a third party. For example, we may need to give your health plan information about products and services we provided to you so your health plan will pay us or reimburse you for the products and services. We may also tell your health plan about a treatment you are going to receive to obtain prior approval or to determine whether your plan will cover the treatment.
For Health Care Operations.
We may use and disclose medical information about you for our health care operations. These uses and disclosures are necessary to run our company and make sure that all of our patients receive quality care. For example, we may use medical information to review our services and to evaluate the performance of our staff in providing equipment for you. We may also combine medical information about many clients to decide what additional services we should offer, what services are not needed, and whether certain new products are effective. We may also disclose information to Doctors, Nurses, Occupational Therapist, or Physical Therapist, or any other health care professional for review and learning purposes. We may remove information that identifies you from this set of medical information so others may use it to study health care and health care delivery without learning who the specific patients are.
We may use and disclose medical information to contact you as a reminder that you have an appointment for evaluation or services.
We may use and disclose medical information to tell you about or recommend possible treatment options or alternative equipment that may be of interest to you.
Health-Related Benefits and Services.
We may use and disclose medical information to tell you about health-related benefits or services that may be of interest to you.
Individuals Involved in Your Care or Payment for Your Care.
We may release medical information about you to a friend or family member who is involved in your medical care. We may also give information to someone who helps pay for your care. We may also tell your family or friends your location and condition and that you are receiving products and services from us. In addition, we may disclose medical information about you to any entity assisting in a disaster relief effort so that your family can be notified about your condition, status and location.
As Required By Law.
We will disclose medical information about you when required to do so by federal, state or local law.
To Avert a Serious Threat to Health or Safety.
We may use and disclose medical information about you when necessary to prevent a serious threat to your health and safety or the health and safety of the public or another person. Any disclosure, however, would only be to someone able to help prevent the threat.
We may from time to time send you information about products or services that Hoveround offers.
- Military and Veterans. If you are a member of the armed forces, we may release medical information about you as required by military command authorities. We may also release medical information about foreign military personnel to the appropriate foreign military authority.
- Workers’ Compensation. We may release medical information about you for workers’ compensation or similar programs. These programs provide benefits for work -related injuries or illness.
- Public Health Activities. We may disclose medical information about you for public health activities. These activities generally include the following:
- to prevent or control disease, injury or disability;
- to report births and deaths;
- to report child abuse or neglect;
- to report reactions to medications or problems with products;
- to notify people of recalls of products they may be using;
- to notify a person who may have been exposed to a disease or may be at risk for contracting or spreading a disease or condition
- to notify the appropriate government authority if we believe a patient has been the victim of abuse, neglect or domestic violence. We will only make this disclosure if you agree or when required or authorized by law.
- Health Oversight Activities.We may disclose medical information to a health oversight agency for activities authorized by law. These oversight activities include, for example, audits, investigations, inspections, and licensure. These activities are necessary for the government to monitor the health care system, government programs, and compliance with civil rights laws.
- Lawsuits and Disputes.If you are involved in a lawsuit or a dispute, we may disclose medical information about you in response to a court or administrative order. We may also disclose medical information about you in response to a subpoena, discovery request, or other lawful process by someone else involved in the dispute, but only if efforts have been made to tell you about the request or to obtain an order protecting the information requested.
- Law Enforcement. We may release medical information if asked to do so by a law enforcement official:
- In response to a court order, subpoena, warrant, summons or similar process;
- To identify or locate a suspect, fugitive, material witness, or missing person;
- About the victim of a crime if, under certain limited circumstances, we are unable to obtain the person’s agreement;
- About a death we believe may be the result of criminal conduct;
- About criminal conduct occurring on our premises; and
- In emergency circumstances to report a crime; the location of the crime or victims; or the identity, description or location of the person who committed the crime.
- Coroners, Medical Examiners and Funeral Directors. We may release medical information to a coroner or medical examiner. This may be necessary, for example, to identify a deceased person or determine the cause of death. We may also release medical information about our patients to funeral directors as necessary to carry out their duties.
- National Security and Intelligence Activities. We may release medical information about you to authorized federal officials for intelligence, counterintelligence, and other national security activities authorized by law.
- Protective Services for the President and Others. We may disclose medical information about you to authorized federal officials so they may provide protection to the President, other authorized persons or foreign heads of state or conduct special investigations.
- Inmates. If you are an inmate of a correctional institution or under the custody of a law enforcement official, we may release medical information about you to the correctional institution or law enforcement official. This release would be necessary (1) for the institution to provide you with health care; (2) to protect your health and safety or the health and safety of others; or (3) for the safety and security of the correctional institution.
- Sale of Business Assets. We reserve the right to transfer medical information about you to a third party in conjunction with the sale of our company or certain assets belonging to our company.
Changes to This Notice
Changes to This Notice We reserve the right to change this notice. We reserve the right to make the revised or changed notice effective for medical information we already have about you as well as any information we receive in the future. The effective date will be posted at the top or bottom of the notice. We will update this notice on the website, and post a copy of the current notice at:
Hoveround Corporation 2151 Whitfield Industrial Way Sarasota, FL 34243
Complaints & Further Information
If you believe your privacy rights have been violated, you may file a complaint with us or with the Secretary of the Department of Health and Human Services. All complaints must be submitted in writing. You will not be penalized for filing a complaint. To file a complaint with us or for further information about our privacy practices, contact:
Compliance and Privacy Officer Hoveround Corporation 2151 Whitfield Industrial Way. Sarasota, Florida 34243
Other Uses of Medical Information
Other uses and disclosures of medical information not covered by this notice or the laws that apply to us will be made only with your written permission. If you provide us permission to use or disclose medical information about you, you may revoke that permission, in writing, at any time, unless we have taken action or reliance upon receipt of such permission. If you revoke your permission, we will no longer use or disclose medical information about you for the reasons covered by your written authorization. You understand that we are unable to take back any disclosures we have already made with your permission, and that we are required to retain our records of the care that we provided to you.
Information We Collect
Visitors can access and browse the Site without disclosing most personally identifiable information. We use automatic data collection technologies as you navigate through our site. We also use the following third-party vendors in order to serve targeted advertising, and for measurement and analytics purposes: Google Ads, Microsoft Ads, NextRoll, New WindowFacebook.
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mail may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, tracking pixels or single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related website statistics.
Common data that can be acquire by a web beacon includes:
- IP Address (used for location and Internet Service Provider (ISP) information
- The time and date of access
- Browser (Chrome, Edge, Firefox, etc.)
- Device types (mobile, desktop, tablet)
- Operating system (Windows, IOS, Android, etc.)
- Screen size
- Referrer (where your visit originated from (sometimes known as the "referring URL")
If the pixel server has other user data collected by other means such as Facebook, the tracking pixel could identify that visitor and match any additional data they may have about the visitor to the rest of their data profile.
The information we collect automatically is only statistical data and does not include personal information, but we may maintain it or associate it with personal information we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service.
We also collect information that you voluntarily provide to us if you fill out our online forms such as your name, whether or not you have Medicare or other insurance, whether you are having mobility difficulty, your telephone number, email address, and street address. Most of the Site does not require any form of registration, allowing you to visit the Site without telling us who you are or giving us any information.
How We Use Information
By providing your personal information on one of our web forms and clicking "Continue," "Learn More" or "Get Started," you acknowledge and agree that a mobility specialist from Hoveround may contact you using your personal information to set up and conduct a free mobility consultation or to discuss one of our other products or services. Further, by providing this information to us, you agree to receive brochures, calls, emails, and other forms of communications from us. By providing your payment card information, you authorize us to use it for purchases you make. And by accessing the site, you also agree that we may use the data we collect for purposes of serving you advertisements for other Hoveround products when you visit other sites.
Additionally, we may disclose information we collect to a successor entity in connection with a corporate merger, consolidation, sale of assets or other corporate change respecting the Site. If our information practices change at some time in the future, we will post the policy changes to our Site to notify you of these changes and provide you with the ability to opt out of these new uses. If you are concerned about how your information is used, you should check the Site periodically.
How We Protect Information
While there is no practical way to absolutely assure the security of information you supply us, we take steps we believe are reasonably designed to protect your information from unauthorized access. We have security measures in place at our physical facilities that we believe are adequate to protect against the loss, misuse, or alteration of information that we have collected from you at our Site. We also have technological security measures in place, including encryption, firewalls, and other security software. Additionally, we limit access to the personal information we store to only those employees with a specific business need, and only after they received the required authorizations. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of such firewalls and secure server software. By using our site, you acknowledge that you understand and agree to assume these risks.
Sharing of Information
We do not sell the information you share with us. We share your information only with vendors who are performing services for Hoveround on behalf of Hoveround. For example, when you provide your information online and click "Get Started" to submit it for a follow up call, we provide that information to our vendor to verify that the information you provided is not false. That vendor does not store the information, but merely passes back to us only those contacts that it verifies as real. We do not share the information you provide to us on the Site with any other third parties. We do not partner with or have special relationships with any ad server companies. We may release information we have collected when legally required to do so, at the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation, to verify or enforce compliance with the policies governing our Site and applicable laws or to protect against misuse or unauthorized use of our Site.
Your Rights & Correcting Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Targeted Advertising. If you do not want us to use information that we collect or that you provide to us to deliver advertisements according to our advertisers’ target-audience preferences, you can use the following third-party tool to decline the collection and use of information for the purpose of serving you interest-based advertising:
California law requires that we provide information regarding what personal data we store about you, and that we delete all your personal data if you desire. To request a copy of your personal data, or that we delete any personal data of yours that we have stored, please send an email to Click To Send An Emailcompliance@hoveround.com and specify if you would like a copy of your data or if you would like it deleted.
Links to Other Sites
D86013477 Rev B - Effective: 12-29-2020
All materials and information available on the Site are protected by copyright. These materials are owned or controlled by Hoveround or licensed to Hoveround by a third party. You may download downloadable materials from the Site, but only for personal, noncommercial and informational purposes. If you download any downloadable materials, you cannot modify them in any way and must abide by all copyright, trademark and other notices in such materials. Except with respect to permissible downloading, you may not copy, display, download, distribute, modify, reproduce, republish or retransmit any information, text or documents contained on this Site, or create any derivative work based on any of the above, without the express written consent of Hoveround.
The trademarks, service marks, trade names, trade dress and products names featured on this Site are trademarks of Hoveround, its affiliates, related companies or its licensors, unless otherwise noted. Hoveround’s trademarks may be used publicly only with permission. Fair use requires proper acknowledgment.
You may not provide links to images or text on the Site without the express written consent of Hoveround. Upon our request, you will promptly remove any such link.
Links to Other Sites and/or Materials
We may post links to other website(s) on the Site. These links are provided as a courtesy to our Site visitors. Hoveround has no control over linked websites or the materials, information, goods or services available on these websites. Hoveround is not responsible for and does not endorse or warrant any materials, information, goods or services available through any linked websites or any privacy or other practices of such websites. Hoveround may terminate any link at any time.
Accuracy of Information
Hoveround strives to accurately describe its products and provide updated information on the Site. However, Hoveround does not warrant that product descriptions and information on the Site are complete or free from error.
No Medical Advice
This Site provides general information about our medical devices and products. It is not intended to provide medical advice. Consumers and patients should always consult a medical professional for information and advice on the treatment of a specific condition or for any other medical need.
Email May Not Be Used to Provide Notice
Communications made through the Site’s e-mail and messaging system will not constitute legal notice to Hoveround or any of its officers, employees, agents or representatives in any situation where notice to Hoveround is required by contract or any law or regulation.
Disclaimer & Limitation of Damages
THE SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, SECURITY, ACCURACY AND NONINFRINGEMENT. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, HOVEROUND MAKES NO WARRANTY OR REPRESENTATION THAT ACCESS TO OR OPERATION OF THE SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE. YOU ASSUME FULL RESPONSIBILITY AND RISK OF LOSS RESULTING FROM YOUR DOWNLOADING AND/OR USE OF FILES, INFORMATION, CONTENT OR OTHER MATERIAL OBTAINED FROM THE SITE.
To the extent permitted by law, Hoveround will not be liable for any indirect, special, incidental, consequential, or punitive damages of any kind related to the Site whether as a breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence or any other cause of action, even if Hoveround has been advised of the possibility of such damages.
Applicable Laws & Venue
Suggestions & Feedback
HOVEROUND welcomes your feedback and inquiries. If you have any comments or questions, please contact Hoveround’s Compliance and Privacy Officer by sending an email to Click To Send An Emailcompliance@hoveround.com.