NOTICE: The Scout 3-wheel mobility scooter is currently unavailable for purchase due to a national backorder. See our other mobility solutions here.
PLEASE NOTE: Some products may experience extended shipping timelines due to Covid related supply chain issues. Price may vary based on availability, size, model, configuration, or additional options, and are subject to change without notice. Price shown does not reflect applicable sales tax, service or shipping fees. Cash pricing is not valid for insurance reimbursement.
Scout 3-Wheel Travel Scooter
Please Note: The Scout 3 wheel scooter is currently unavailable for purchase due to a national backorder. See our other mobility solutions here.
The Scout 3 wheel travel scooter combines easy and convenient mobility with superior value. The Scout is compact, lightweight and easy to disassemble into five pieces for loading into a vehicle. And since it's a three-wheel scooter, it can nimbly negotiate obstacles. The Scout 3 wheel travel scooter also offers great features like a quick connect battery pack and a delta-style tiller to make operating the scooter easier for those with limited strength or dexterity.
The Scout 3 wheel scooter includes a 14-month Peace of Mind warranty provided by Drive Medical and Free standard shipping!
Scout 3 Wheel Travel Scooter Features
- For indoor and outdoor use
- Convenient, compact 5-piece design makes tool-free assembly and disassembly easy
- Comfortable, height adjustable seat with flip back and adjustable arm rests
- Adjustable tiller with finger-tip control and wrap around delta handles for easier driving
- Large front basket for transporting items while on-the-go
- Flat-free, non-marking tires and anti-tip wheels make for a worry-free ride
- Comes with two interchangeable color panels (red and blue) so you can customize your ride
Scout 3 Wheel Travel Scooter Specifications
- 42.5-inch in length, 20.5-inch in width
- 85 pound overall weight (heaviest piece is only 29 pounds)
- 300-pound weight capacity to support most body frames
- 4.25-mph maximum speed1
- 2.5-inch ground clearance for maneuvering over slight obstacles
- 45.5-inch turning radius
- 9-mile range
- 8-inch x 2-inch flat-free front and rear tires
1Speed and range dependent upon rider weight, the terrain and grade.
Mobility Scooter vs. Power Chair
Which Is Best?
Power Chairs (also known as electric wheelchairs or power wheelchairs) are motorized chairs that run on long-lasting, electric batteries. The user controls the direction and speed of travel with a joystick on the chair’s armrest. They offer exceptional maneuverability, making them useful inside homes, shops, and restaurants where you may encounter narrow halls, sharp corners, or want to pull close to tables, desks, or counters. Power chairs are primarily prescribed by physicians for users who require full-time mobility assistance.
Mobility scooters are predominantly used outdoors since their design and length often precludes them from being used in tight indoor spaces. They are available in a wide range of models, from small, portable travel scooters to all-terrain luxury models. Mobility Scooters offer part-time or occasional convenience. They allow their users to more easily enjoy visits to shops, parks, and social events that would otherwise require walking a difficult distance with family and friends.
|Differences Between Power Chairs & Mobility Scooters|