If you're a caregiver to an elderly relative or spouse with a mobility-limiting condition, chances are you may be looking for ways to cut care giving costs. And, depending on the particular circumstances, one possible option could be power chair rental.
Renting a power chair may be able to do more than just provide your disabled loved one with reliable personal mobility and support: Affordable power wheelchair rental might also be a very convenient and cost-saving option for you!
How Power Chair Rental Helps Caregivers
If mobility assistance is required due to a temporary disability, or during an extended period of time away without access to personally-owned mobility equipment, it's important toEnjoy renewed mobility with a Hoveround power chair or portable motorized scooter. have suitable options that will satisfy your care recipient’s mobility needs. A rented motorized wheelchair could be the solution you've been looking for.
- Renting a power chair may cut costs and save money
- Why spend thousands of dollars to buy a power mobility chair, when it is needed only temporarily? Power chair rental can be considerably less expensive than purchasing with cash or credit. Plus, some electric wheelchair rental options may include wheelchair accessories, helping you to keep costs down even more.
- Motorized wheelchair rental can expand everyone's freedom
- With a rented power chair, your ailing or visiting loved one will be able to get around better -- without risking over-exertion -- and do more things more independently. This can reduce some of your care giving responsibilities and give you more time for yourself.
For the elderly or severely disabled person who lives with a chronic health condition, such as diabetes, COPD, arthritis and other ailments that compromise mobility, a properly-fitted medical power wheelchair could be the better solution. In these cases, it makes more sense to purchase a power chair for your loved one if they are not covered by insurance. However, when a doctor prescribes a power chair as medically necessary, Medicare or insurance may be available to help cover some of the cost.*
But, if mobility assistance is needed for just a couple months or so, then a rented motorized wheelchair may be one way to save on expenses, provide essential support, and make it easier for your loved one to get around on their own.
Are you a caregiver in need of electric wheelchair rental options? Then call 800-542-7236 and find out how you can rent a Hoveround power chair for one month or more. The details are just a phone call away!
* Insurance coverage depends on benefit eligibility and medical necessity as determined by insurer. Valid doctor's prescription required. For more on the rules regarding power wheelchair coverage, please visit Medicare.gov.
This article is for general informational purposes only.