Power wheelchair lifts for cars enhance personal mobility and extend the independence of power chair users in several ways. Noted below are five very good reasons for getting a power chair lift, particularly an exterior vehicle lift that hitches onto the back of your automobile.
Why Get a Power Chair Lift?
- Convenience — Take your power chair along when driving across town to see your doctor or while visiting loved ones out of state! Just hitch your power wheelchair lift to your car and load your power chair. The convenience of a chair lift for vehicles means you'll never have to go anywhere again without your power wheelchair.
- Cost Efficiency — >Internally-installed wheelchair lifts often draw their power from the vehicle's battery, require extensive re-wiring and expensive modifications. With side access doors, reinforced axles, power ramps and additional upgrades, conversion vans can cost up to $50,000. On the other hand, the more cost-efficient HOVERLIFT® for vehicles uses an uncomplicated rear-hitch receiver and is powered economically by the motorized wheelchair's rechargeable batteries.
- Saves Space — Looking for a power chair lift that saves space inside your car or van for family members or other necessities? A rear-mounted chair lift keeps your power chair from overcrowding the interior of your vehicle. With your mobility device securely loaded on the outside, you'll have more accessible room on the inside.
- Simplicity — The HOVERLIFT power chair lift for vehicles is light and compact. It is also a breeze to use. Simply lower the lift's platform to the ground, drive your Hoveround onto the lift and secure it with just two tie-down ratchets (instead of the usual four). With one-finger, one-switch operation, your power chair is raised and you're ready to hit the road.
- Personal Safety — Loading your power chair from the rear, as opposed to using a side loading chair lift, keeps you safer from the risks of oncoming traffic. An exterior vehicle power chair lift also provides easier and safer access to your power wheelchair because you won't be obstructed by sidewalk curbs.
For additional details and more reasons to get a power chair lift, call 800-542-7236 and one of our Mobility Experts will be happy to help you find the power wheelchair lift that's just right for you.
Note: HOVERLIFT for vehicles car lift is approved for Class II & Class III hitch receivers only (sold separately). Professional installation of a rear-mounted hitch may be necessary. Not all motor vehicles are suited for hitch mounts. Call for details.
HOVERLIFT for vehicles is approximately 80 lbs.; 19” L x 31” W x 39 H folded; 36” L x 31” W x 39” H extended.
This article is for informational purposes only.