This is the second part of a two-part article. Please read 10 Most Popular Power Wheelchair Accessories: Part 1 to learn about the first five accessories on this Top 10 list.
Whether your goal is to add safety, increase accessibility, or simply have a replacement part on hand just in case, power wheelchair accessories help complete your power mobility experience. The time a loved one spends in his or her power wheelchair should be as safe and as effortless as possible, and the five power chair accessories listed below wrap up our list of accessories that can enhance your mobility with convenience, dependability, and style.
Optional Power Wheelchair Accessories — Part 2
- Power Seat Lift — Height adjustment can be a crucial component of power wheelchair accessibility. When the seat is raised just a few inches, a power chair user's reach is extended and access is improved. A high quality power seat lift1 controlled through the power chair joystick is worth considering because it can make lift operation much more convenient for the user.
- Power Wheelchair Joystick Ball Knob — Many power wheelchair users need the added ease of a soft and rounded controller. Others might like the joystick to be different and just a little fun. In either case, spongy yellow ball knob controllers feel good to the touch and may simplify power chair maneuverability for loved ones who experience pain or weakness in their hands.
- Organge Safety Flag — Here's a simple way to make sure loved onesare more visiblewhile out and about in their power wheelchair. With its bright orange color and high visibility length, a wheelchair flag is extremely practical in heavily trafficked areas.2 Our flags are made of weather-resistant vinyl for durability and are very easy to attach and remove as needed.
- Spare Power Wheelchair Tires — Don't wait until a loved one's existing power chair tires are completely worn down to purchase replacements. A spare, flat-free power wheelchair tire that never needs air is an excellent choice for keeping a loved one mobile. This is just one of the many accessories a power wheelchair user should never be without.
- Power Chair Replacement Battery & Battery Charger — Two smart power chair accessories that go perfectly together are replacement batteries and portable battery chargers. As you might expect, the best way to ensure compatibility and uninterrupted mobility is to purchase the replacement battery, battery charger and power chair from the same manufacturer.
Accessories for electric wheelchairs and power scooters can include everything on the list featured here, as well as foldable ramps, portable equipment holders, handy baskets and protective covers. Any of these options are sure to complement a loved one's mobility with greater ease and functionality.
Click here to read Top 10 Power Wheelchair Accessories: Part 1
This article is for informational and educational purposes only and is not intended to replace the advice of a mobility professional.
1Power seat lift must be ordered at the time of your power wheelchair purchase.
2A flag does not guarantee safety and is only intended to increase visibility. Always use caution when operating your power wheelchair, and obey all traffic and pedestrian laws in your area.