Power chairs offer mobility-challenged loved ones the means to achieve greater independence. With the right power wheelchair accessory, that freedom can be extended in many different ways.
This is the first part of a two-part Top 10 list of optional but helpful wheelchair accessories. Because these electric wheelchair accessories can be purchased without a doctor's prescription, they are readily available to add everyday safety, riding comfort and practical convenience to a loved one's power mobility experience.
The Top Power Wheelchair Accessories — Part 1
- Beverage Holder — Caregivers who worry about their loved one staying hydrated throughout the day can relieve some of their concerns with a power wheelchair cup holder. Beverage cup holders are easy to secure onto either armrest of the power chair and hold beverages firmly in place. With this accessory, that essential and refreshing drink will always remain close-at-hand.
- Mobility Aid Holder — Power wheelchair users who supplement their mobility with a cane, crutch or walker will benefit from this accessory. Each power chair equipment holder is uniquely designed to carry a specific type of aid and ensure all-day access. These holders can also double as safe storage when the mobility aid is not in use.
- Portable Oxygen Tank Carrier — An oxygen tank holder offers both security and personal freedom to power chair users. Portable tank holders affix effortlessly onto the back of a power wheelchair to stay out of the way, yet constantly within reach. Carriers are available that will fit either portable round or square O2 containers of standard size.
- Wheelchair Tote Bag — These attachable, carry-all totes let power wheelchair users take their personal belongings along with them wherever they go. Convenient compartments, privacy pockets, and spring-loaded closures are just some of the useful features to look for in quality wheelchair tote bags.
- Wheelchair Backpack — These attachable, roomy backpacks let power wheelchair users take more of their personal belongings with them wherever they go. Convenient side entry and the use of reinforced canvas are just some of the useful features to look for in quality wheelchair backpacks.
To learn about the remaining five power chair accessories in this Top 10 list, be sure to read Top 10 Power Wheelchair Accessories: Part 2.
This article is for informational and educational purposes only.