Motorized wheelchairs from Hoveround are powered by deep cycle, sealed AGM batteries. They offer reliability, durability and high performance for better independent living.
Power chair users want uninterrupted mobility from their assistive equipment. One way to get consistent and dependable operation from a powered wheelchair is by using the longest-lasting, safest, and easiest-to-maintain power wheelchair battery available.
Absorbent glass mat (AGM) batteries fit the bill perfectly. Power efficient, spill-proof and trouble-free, these deep cycle batteries are among the most advanced in the industry. AGM batteries are routinely supplied as the batteries-of-choice for Hoveround's quality line of personal mobility vehicles.
Facts About Sealed AGM Power Chair Batteries
Sealed, lead-acid valve regulated batteries (sometimes referred to as SLA or VRLA batteries) have several characteristics which contribute to their popularity as the power supply for motorized mobility equipment.
- Deep-cycle construction holds battery charges for longer periods of time
- Sealed AGM technology - absorbs battery acid, decreases discharge rate, prevents leakage
- Little-to-no maintenance needed, and no water refills required
- Classified as non-hazardous, AGM batteries are approved for transportation by air, land and sea1
Stay Mobile - Keep Batteries Charged and in Tip-Top Condition
While AGM batteries are designed to run at top capacity with minimal maintenance, they still require proper care to remain in good working condition. Here are some tips to ensure lasting performance from a sealed AGM battery.
- Fully charge the power chair batteries every single night, preferably over the course of the entire night
- When not in use, charge up the battery once a week, and store it in a cool, dry place
- Remove the battery charger from the battery every day to extend the life of the battery
- Keep batteries and battery connectors clean and dry with a lightly-damped cloth
Installing the correct electric power wheelchair replacement battery is also very important. Hoveround's professionals know what's best for Hoveround power chairs and can be counted on to supply and/or install the most appropriate battery for proper Hoveround power chair operation.
When the time comes to replace Hoveround power chair batteries, the best advice is to contact Hoveround at 1-800-96-HOVER. Our customer service and repair technicians will never steer you wrong.
More Basic Electrical Wheel Chair Parts: Tires and Power Chair Wheels
The contents of this article are for general informational purposes only.
1Because AGM batteries are non-spill, they are deemed safe for storage, use and cross-country transportation, according to definitions supplied by the DOT (Department of Transportation), ICAO (International Commercial Airline Organization) and IATA (International Airline Transportation Association).