Your electric mobility scooter is built to provide reliable and comfortable transportation. However, even with daily care, routine inspection and general maintenance, problems can arise Dart-4-Wheel-Power-Scooter-in-Redthat might require professional repair.
Before you make that call for a service technician, you might want to try a little power scooter troubleshooting on your own. Many motorized scooter problems are common, minor and may be easily fixed.
For motorized scooter care and maintenance tips that are specific to your scooter model, refer to the owner's manual that came with your scooter.
And if there are ever any problems with your Hoveround scooter that you cannot solve yourself, just call us toll-free at 800-96-HOVER.
- Scooter won't turn on
- Scooter will not move
- Turn power switch to the ON position
- Disconnect and reconnect the battery
- Check the circuit breaker button
- Confirm that the freewheel lever is in DRIVe
- Check Flash Code for controller error
- Switch is on, but scooter won't power up
- If the charger is still connected, disconnect it
- Check battery power and recharge if needed
- Scooter runs slow
- Scooter performs poorly
- Check to see if the speed dial is set to LOW
- It may be time to recharge or replace the battery
- Seat is wobbly and unsteady
- Seat moves during use
- Rotate the seat until it locks into place
- Tiller steering handlebar is shaky
- Tighten the height adjustment handle
To learn about all of Hoveround's personal mobility solutions, including our full portfolio of motorized scooters, custom power chairs, lifts, ramps and assorted accessories, visit Hoveround online. You'll find a selection of products available for immediate purchase. Contact Hoveround for details.
Important: Always practice extreme care when conducting any maintenance or troubleshooting fixes to avoid injury. Follow the manufacturer's recommendations in the manual that came with the mobility scooter. Seek expert assistance for complicated, mechanical malfunctions.
This article is for general informational purposes only.