Sometimes, renting a power wheelchair can be a very good idea. Power chair rental may be of particular value to individuals who:
- Only need the power chair temporarily, or for a specific purpose and for a specific amount of time
- Want to rent the chair and try it out for a while, before they purchase it
- May not qualify for coverage, or would rather not use their current insurance1
- Have their own personal reasons for renting instead of buying a power wheelchair
Let’s take a closer look at the first two of these wheelchair rental scenarios.
Renting a Power Chair for Short-Term Use
Accidents happen. So do knee replacements, hip adjustments and other medical procedures which may restrict or suspend use of the lower extremities for days, weeks or maybe even months.
When a specific incident results in temporary disability, renting a power wheelchair for a limited time could prove to be smarter than buying one outright.
For example, a surgical patient could rent a power chair while recuperating at home. Or, a visiting relative might have need of a rental chair while staying with family. At the end of the rental term, and when there is no further need for the equipment, the power chair is conveniently returned to the supplier. Could anything be simpler than that?
Rent it, Try it -- Then Buy it
Another brilliant alternative to the immediate purchase of a power chair is to rent it first, then option to buy it later.
Purchase options on power wheelchair rentals are now available direct from Hoveround.
Here's how this exclusive rental program works:
- Choose from Hoveround's 1-month, 2-month, and 3-month rental plans.2
- Agree to rent a Hoveround.2
- Spend some time experiencing the many ways this maneuverable, rounded power chair enhances your daily mobility.
- Thirty days into the rental agreement, you can opt to purchase the power chair and it's yours to keep. 3
Renting a Hoveround for short term use, or before deciding to buy it, can be a smart move towards never being without personal mobility again.
Learn more about the Hoveround Power Chair Rental Program. Call a Mobility Specialist at 1-800-542-7236 or visit the Hoveround rental page for program details, and take full advantage of this electric wheelchair rental opportunity now.
1 Insurance coverage depends on medical necessity as determined by insurer. Valid doctor’s prescription required.
2 Power wheelchair rental program may not be available in all areas. Terms are subject to change without notice. Certain restrictions apply. Monthly payments required. Call for details.
3 The rented power chair may be purchased after 30 days of rental. Additional restrictions apply. Call for details.
This article is for informational purposes only and is not intended as a substitute for medical advice.